2nd International Forum “Petrol Retail. Business, Payments and Technologies. Russia & CIS 2010”
Organizer of the Forum:
Forum’s format: Conference. Exhibition. Round Tables
Number of key participants: 300
On May, 31, 2010, PLUS Journal will hold in Moscow the 2nd International Forum “Petrol Retail. Business, Payments and Technologies. Russia & CIS 2010”, dedicated to the urgent problems of the refueling business in Russia and the CIS countries, ways to solve them and prospects for development of the industry as a whole.
Location: Historic center of Moscow, Kremlin in 1 km, 300 metres away from Christ the Saviour Cathedral, 50 metres away from Prechistenskaya embankment, Kropotkinskaya metro, Ostojenka Residential Estate.
Adress: Infoprostransvo (InfoSpace) exhibition center.
Moscow 1-st zachatyevskiy line, 4.
- Conference-hall for 300 persons. Speeches and experts’ reports, representative of banks, fuel companies and vendors.
- Forum floor space - 1600 m2 - business communication, products and solution presentation.
Dr Patrick White
Please find the additional info about Mr. White in "Master Class of Patrick White" section below.
In charge of Card Acceptance for Visa Inc. in Russia. Originally from New York, Ken has been living and working in Moscow since 2006.
Graduated from CornellUniversity in 1999 with a degree in Economics. MBA from IESEBusinessSchool in 2005.
Prior to working at Visa Ken worked for over seven years as a strategy consultant in companies such as Strategy Partners and the Boston Consulting Group. During that time Ken worked closely with the senior leadership teams of major international retail and FMCG companies to develop sales-boosting and cost-reduction strategies for clients around Russia, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and the US.
Leading expert in processing plastic card transactions.
Author of several books, namely: E-Commerce Security, EMV Smart Cards, Bank Smart Cards; co-author of the book Payment Cards. The Business Encyclopedia.
Member of MasterCard European Operations Advisory Committee starting in 1996.
Worked at the companies «Technoservice» and «DEPO Computers». Since 2008 holds the position of “Self-service payments solutions for the fuel market” project Manager at INPAS Company.
Director at Minale Tattersfield Office in Russia
Member of Minale Tattersfield Board of Directors (UK)
General Director at OOO Terminalnye Technologii
Developed and certified the first Russian POS terminal.
Worked as Project Coordinator at Rockwell Semiconductor Moscow Branch, played an active part in the development of the first V.90 modem.
Starting in 2009 Founder and General Director at Terminalnye Technologii Company, the only company in
General Manager at VeriFone (Russia and the CIS)
From 2007 works in VeriFone Moscow office, in 2008 has been promoted to
Head of Representative Office. Main tasks of the Representative Office are
operational sales management of VeriFone products in Russia and former
Soviet Republics, promotion of new equipment packages, marketing support
Before 2007 worked in international telecommunication companies, was
in charge of key account management, business development and
promotion of new technologies. Most recent employer before 2007:
Project Manager at UCS Loyalty
Specialist in payment instruments (plastic cards). Started working with
plastic cards back in 1995. Worked for several prominent Moscow banks in
service departments responsible for cooperation with leading
international payment systems.
Works for ZAO Companiya Obyedinennykh Creditnykh Kartochek (UCS) since
the beginning of 2007 till present time as a manager of loyalty projects
(local systems on the basis of bonus, accumulative discount and gift cards).
Among many implemented special payment systems one can highlight a
successfully operational product – Toplivnaya Karta (Fuel Cards).
He is responsible for strategic and product marketing, bid management, and strategic project coordination in the region.
Cezary has over 10 years experience in the banking and electronic payment industry. Prior to joining Hypercom in 2008 he spent 6 years working for Wincor Nixdorf, 2 years in start-up companies, and 6 years working in the scientific research and defence sectors.
Cezary holds an MSc and PhD in Mechatronics from the Warsaw University of Technology and completed Management Postgraduate Studies at the Warsaw School of Economics.
Doctor of Engineering, Honored Inventor of the RSFSR.
Mr. Halmetov was born in Moscow in 1979.
In 2000 he graduated from Azerbaijan State Oil Academy majoring in Economics and Management in Fuel and Energy complex.
In 2004 graduated from Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas with a Master’s degree in the organization and management of enterprises and industrial sectors.
2004-2007 – Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Economic theory of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas
From July 2004 till August 2007 – oil market analyst, leading expert of ZAO Vergen Group (formerly AFI Consultant).
Since September 2007 – General Director of the consulting company OOO “Vergen Oil Group”
Topics of the Forum:
- Current situation in refueling business and technologies in Russia and the CIS;
- The most urgent problems in the refueling business in the post-crisis period and ways to solve them;
- Keeping clients and getting new clients, increase of the passability of the client flows and volume of sales of the related goods and services;
- Role and place of the payment industry in the further development of the refueling infrastructure in Russia and the CIS countries, and its automation;
- Fuel cards projects, international payment systems’ projects and cash payments: rivalry or further development and harmonization;
- Best examples of Russian and foreign experience demonstrated on concrete projects of automation of the gas station networks. Possibility of adopting the methods;
- Business models used in the projects;
- Modern technologies (biometric, contactless technologies, NFC, etc.) in the gas station automation projects;
- Reduction of dead expenses and optimization of cash handling in Motor Fueling complex is one of the efficiency improvement scenarios for retail networks of vertically integrated oil companies and petrol companies. Current problems of cash turnover in Motor Fueling complex. Cash-management projects in Motor Fueling complex. Automated cash handling systems in Motor Fueling complex front and back office.
- Self-service terminals and implementation in Fueling complexes. Trends and perspectives.
- Loyalty programs;
- Advanced technologies for marketing and gas station servicing;
- Counterfeiting. The most dangerous kinds of counterfeit monetary tickets, ways to detect and withdraw them from the circulation by means of special bill acceptors/detectors used as a part of solutions based on cash-in technologies;
- PCI DSS problems of the refueling complex;
- Communications reliability - vital condition of providing high quality and safe payment services and competitive advantages for Motor Fueling complex networks.
- Criminal situation and security aspects;
- Parking systems and technologies;
- Results of the projects’ development in the period since The First Forum «Petrol Retail and Payment Technologies 2009».
The main aim of the event is to continue the progress of an effective interaction of the fuel companies, banks and payment systems, telecom companies, vendors, integrators and the existing market operators for the further development of an effective payment infrastructure.
Representatives of the following structures will take part in the Forum:
- Vertically Integrated Oil Companies (VINK) and the fuel companies of Russia and CIS;
- Major acquirers;
- Field-specific ministries and departments;
- Expert-Criminological Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- Telecom operators;
- Vendors of solutions and technologies;
- Payment systems;
- … and other structures.
A conference, an exhibition and round tables will be held within the framework of the Forum.
Within the framework of the conference and round tables recognized experts of the industry will share their experience, highlight the results of implementation of the projects of the leading market participants, current problems and prospects for the industry’s further development in the post-crisis period.
At the exhibition the vendors will demonstrate their products and solutions, and also provide information about the successfully implemented projects and plans for the near future.
Master Class "Retail is Detail", 2nd day of the Forum (June, 1)
Dr Patrick White
HRM Consultants Ltd
Director Patrick is a Consultant and Trainer specializing in Business Strategy, Business Finance, Marketing Management and Organizational Behaviour.
Patrick is a Consultant and Trainer specializing in Business Strategy, Business Finance, Marketing Management and Organizational Behaviour.
Initially qualifying as an accountant, he then obtained his Master of Finance and subsequently his Master of Business Administration (Marketing Major). In 2000 he completed his PhD which was focused on Business Strategy and Leadership. His postgraduate studies were completes in Australia, United Kingdom and the U.S.A. Patrick is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (New Zealand).
After a successful international corporate career in a variety of industries across 13 countries with responsibilities for up to 14,000 staff he then went on to become a serial entrepreneur owning businesses in the hospitality, retail, IT and food and beverage industries.
His last business covered fuel and oil distribution and had a turnover of $US 2 billion and 600 full- time staff and approximately 6000 part-time staff. Included in this business were 600 service stations.
For the last 22 years while owning the above businesses, he has also worked as a high level management consultant in various business sectors as well as an international public speaker and trainer on a variety of business and people management topics.
He continues to deliver regular public and in-house training seminars and speak at international conferences.
In the last 12 months he has worked in Switzerland, United Kingdom, Oman, Czech Republic, Italy, Ukraine, Russia, Malaysia, Australia, Kuwait, Libya, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
Participation fee: 350 EUR
Organizing Committee of the Forum has one more surprise for the participants. On the first day of our Forum (October 18, 2010), after the official section, speakers and delegates of the event will have a chance not only to talk over cocktails but also to listen to one of the most romantic singers of the 1990s, Ray Horton.
His voice is well known all over the world. Ray was one of the original vocalists of the legendary group Milli Vanilli (35 mln. Disks sold, 3 American Music Awards and Grammy Awards). Ray became famous in Europe in 1998 after he joined the most popular European rap groups NANA (10 mln. CDs sold). Duet NANA & Ray Horton «Remember The Time», songs «Because I Love You» and «Hotel California» recorded by Ray Horton are very popular both in West Europe and in Russia.
Ray Horton is not only one of the most brilliant European singers of the 1990s, he is also a producer, composer and vocal teacher.
Now Ray Horton works at his new solo album, which would be released very soon by the major European label.
Forum 2009 feedbacks:
“The Forum has shown the prospects of using modern payment technologies at the gas station to attract and retain customers,” - Jury Onanchenko, Belorusneft
“Such initiatives help banks and vendors to communicate face-to-face very much. We can’t communicate with banks so efficiently on traditional meetings,”- Armen Kirakosyan, Gilbarco Veeder-Root
“The Forum has showed prospects and ways of development of Russian gas stations, using card payment technologies, including development of these technologies exactly for their application in the gas station business. Although the Forum on the subject was the firs we were pleased to find so much interesting information on the issue and an opportunity to discuss it interactively and to share experiences. It is important that as long as a theoretical part of this issue some success stories of card payment solutions using were presented,”- Alexey Golenischev, Alfa Bank
“It was the most productive Forum I managed to visit in 2009. Organizers chose right topics and speakers for presentations and it helped to get aware of the current level of development of Russian gas station industry and to see prospects of new payment solutions there.As for my speech. I hope that I managed to show that we need to think not only about our profit, but about information security as well, when we introduce new technological solutions for bank cards acceptance,”- Zaurbek Besolov, Surgutneftegazbank
Practical information: The official travel-partner of the Forum “Zelenski Corporate Travel Solutions” would be happy to provide you with visa support, hotel accomodation and transport services.
Contact person - Victor Gerasimov
tel. +7 (495) 933-20-33 +7 (495) 933-20-33
fax: +7 (495) 933-20-10
- For banks’ and fuel companies' representatives: participation is free.
- For companies’ representatives: participation cost is EURO 350 per visitor.
- Patrick White master class participation fee: EURO 350
To register and get the additional info please use the links:
Grizov Alexander - Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Grizov Konstantin - Vice Chairman of the Organizing Committee on Sponsors’ and Partners’ Participation
Kiselev Nikita - Co-ordinator of the Organizing Committee on Delegates’ Participation
Yurkin Alexey - Co-ordinator of the Organizing Committee on Delegates’ Participation
Folometova Irina - Co-ordinator of the Organizing Committee on Delegates’ Participation and internal affairs
Phone/fax (+7 495) 961 1065