Lafferty Cards Central and Eastern Europe
Location: Budapest, Hungary
The Lafferty Group in currently staging the вЂњLafferty Cards Central & Eastern European Conference & Exhibition – Building a Profitable Cards BusinessвЂќ on 1 - 2 October 2008 at the Hilton WestEnd Budapest, Hungary.
While the number of payment cards in Central & Eastern Europe has increased dramatically over the past decade, debit cards still dominate and credit card expertise is in very short supply. With one segment of customers who are becoming more and more sophisticated and another large segment that is unbanked the region presents an exciting and challenging opportunity. Whilst cash is still king in the region, issuers must focus on driving payment card penetration and POS usage if they are to achieve growth and profitability in the future.
Following the theme вЂњBuilding a Profitable Cards BusinessвЂќ, Lafferty Cards Central & Eastern Europe 2008, will show you how you can build core infrastructures and capabilities and embrace new technology and innovations to re-shape your company and your industry. Through a case study-led programme we will provide you with practical solutions to the challenges facing your cards business today, showing you how to achieve increased profits and shareholder value.
Benefit from key contributions by:
- Raffaele Cicala, Chief Executive Officer, UniCredit Consumer Financing
- Sanjeeb Chaudhuri, CEO for Consumer Banking Group in Central & Eastern Europe, Citibank
- Luke P. Olbrich, Senior Business Leader, SEPA Solutions, MasterCard International
- Salvatore Pennino, Head of Cards, Deutsche Bank
- Maeve McMahon, Cards Leader EMEA, GE Money
- Gratiela Biltoc, Global Head of Cards, Cetelem
- Christian Michalek, Head of Credit Risk Management, Private & Business Banking, Bank Austria
- Stepanka Lencova, Head of Card Business, Raiffeisen International
- Ivan Lawrence, Business Development Director, Barclaycard
- Balazs Pap, Country Manager Czech Republic and Slovakia, Provident International
- Ken Howes, Co-Founder, Prepaid International Forum
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Building a profitable credit cards business in CEE
- Technology and cross border challenges
- How to make Prepaid work - The value proposition for prepaid cards
- Transforming debit cards into a profit center
- The future of merchant acquiring and processing in the CEE region
- Profit based vs. risk based decisions
- Driving profitability: Loyalty strategies to support growth and product opportunities to enhance customer experience
- SEPA 10 months on – What will the impact of SEPA be on the CEE payments landscape?
Lafferty Cards Central & Eastern Europe 2008 – Gala Diner
Lafferty Group will be hosting a gala dinner on the first evening of catching of Lafferty Cards Central & Eastern Europe, 1st October 2008. Enjoy a fantastic evening of catching up with old friends, and make new ones. This will be one of the most valuable networking events of the year, so make sure you join us for a night of celebration in Budapest! The evening will start with drinks at 19.30, followed by dinner at 20.00. Book your place early to avoid disappointment.